- Our Community
- City Academy Series
City Academy Series
NEW FOR 2023: OFFERED APRIL 13-JUNE 1
For the spring of 2023, Liberty Lake's City Hall invites area residents to attend its first-ever City Academy. This 8-part series offers residents the opportunity to gain a deep-dive understanding into how the city government and its services operate. Information at each weekly session will be provided directly by topic experts from the city's staff as well as leaders from local partnering organizations.
Liberty Lake’s eight-part City Academy series will begin on Thursday, April 13, and will continue for each Thursday through June 1. Each topic-specific session will begin at 6 p.m. at Liberty Lake’s City Hall (at 22710 E. Country Vista Drive), with the presentations lasting about 60 to 90 minutes each night.
Participants are encouraged to attend each installment of the entire 8-part series. Recognitions will be given on June 8 to participants who attend all or nearly all of the City Academy series.
As explained by city administrator Mark McAvoy, who developed the upcoming series: “A city academy is something some cities do to engage residents and provide more insights in how their local government works. It can also help encourage, inspire, and inform potential future leaders of the city.”
SCHEDULE OF CITY ACADEMY'S TOPICS:
- April 13: Form of Government — Presenters: Mayor and city administrator
- April 20: Sources of Revenue — Presenters: City administrator and finance director
- April 27: Land Use and Zoning — Presenters: Members of the city's Planning & Engineering Department
- May 4: Strategic Plan & Budget — Presenters: City administrator and finance director
- May 11: Fire/Emergency Management Services and 911 — Presenters: Spokane Valley Fire Dept. chief and staff from Spokane Regional Emergency Communications
- May 18: Law Enforcement and 911 — Presenters: Liberty Lake Police Dept. chief and staff from Spokane Regional Emergency Communications
- May 25: Utilities — Presenter: To be announced
- June 1: Streets, Parks, and Solid Waste — Presenter: City's Operations & Maintenance director
- June 8: Recognition Ceremony
Pre-register at our EventBrite link here. Attendance will be capped at 20 residents.
You can also watch the city's Facebook site for previews of the City Academy's presentation topics each week as we get closer to the series.
WATCH THIS PAGE for ongoing updates. For more information about the City Academy, e-mail city administrator Mark McAvoy.