- Your Government
- Police Department Employment
Police Department Employment
Liberty Lake Police Department is actively seeking qualified experienced officers. You are eligible to apply as a Lateral or Experienced Officer if you have:
- A minimum of 24 months of full-time service as a sworn police officers in a civilian govenrmental jurisdiction with extensive patrol experience, without a break in service of more than 36 months by the application date AND either the successful completion of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Basic Law Enforcement Academy (BLEA) prior to application date, or the ability to successfully complete the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Equivalency Academy within 1 year after employment. Out-of-state applicants must possess the necessary training and experience to become certified in accordance with Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission standards. Experienced officers who have completed the Basic Law Enforcement Academy but have less than 24 months of full-time service are also encouraged to apply.
Applications should be returned with a cover letter and resume to Sakti Hiatt or Erin Kelly.
LLPD Employment Application (PDF)
- Oral Board Evaluation
- Background Process
- Review of the personal history statement
- Integrity interview
- Background Check
- Criminal History Check
- Polygraph (lie detector) exam
- Psychological exam
- Reference Check
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
- Lateral officers start at $68,918 annually and experienced officers start at $60,956 annually. *The collective bargaining agreement term is ending December 2022 and wages are likely to increase under the new agreement.*
- INSURANCE BENEFITS
Eligibility: Coverage begins for new hires and their dependents on the first day of the month, following the first day of employment.
Medical: Qualified employees may select from three health plan options; The monthly premium varies depending upon the plan and coverage level selected.
Dental: Dental insurance is provided by Delta Dental of Washington. The monthly premium is minimal for employees and eligible dependents.
Vision: Vision coverage is paid for by the City of Liberty Lake.
Life Insurance - Employee Only: Group Term Life Insurance and AD & D for the employee is paid for by the City of Liberty Lake.
Life Insurance - Eligible Dependent(s): Group Term Life Insurance for eligible dependent(s) is paid for by the City of Liberty Lake.
Long-Term Disability Insurance: Long-Term Disability Insurance is paid for by the City of Liberty Lake.
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a referral and counseling service for employees and their eligible dependents.
HRA VEBA: Upon the adoption of the annual budget, the City of Liberty Lake contributes a predetermined dollar amount to the employee’s HRA VEBA account on an annual basis.
Voluntary Benefits: The City of Liberty Lake offers voluntary benefits such as LegalShield/ID Shield, and supplemental life insurance for employees and spouse/domestic partners, and dependent children.
Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Plan 2: Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Plan 2 (LEOFF 2) is a defined benefit pension plan covering uniformed officers.
401A: The City of Liberty Lake will also contribute a percentage to this plan.
457: A predetermined percentage of each check will be deferred to this plan. Employees may also contribute an additional dollar amount or percentage from each check.
PAID TIME OFF
Upon hire, City of Liberty Lake Police Officers will be credited with ten (10) paid holidays and one (1) floating holiday. However, the hours are prorated based on date of hire for the first year. Employees earn five (5) hours of paid vacation each pay period. Sick leave is frontloaded upon hire with forty (40) hours, after six (6) months employees will accrue six (6) hours of sick leave per pay period.
Shift Differentials: Uniformed Officers who work graveyard shift will receive a differential, in addition to their base wage.