Parks and Arts Commission
The Parks and Arts Commission is a citizen volunteer commission of eight or more members that serves in an advisory capacity to the Liberty Lake City Council. The primary functions of the Commission are to:
- Review and make recommendations concerning recreation program offerings of the city.
- Oversee the city’s art decisions and any future comprehensive arts program.
- Provide recommendations regarding the acquisition and development of park areas.
- Serve as the City Forestry Board and oversee the Urban Forestry Program.
- Review and make recommendations regarding the implementation of the City Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan.
- Review proposals related to art, recreation. and parks.
- Act as an advisory board for the Tree City, USA and the Bicycle Communities programs.
- Complete regular reviews of fees and charges for services.
- Explore ways and methods of obtaining private, local, state and federal funds for special projects in the city’s parks, trails and open space.
- Advocate for healthy and active lifestyles and promote the quality of life that is provided through the city’s parks, trails and open space.
Regular meetings for the Parks and Arts Commission are scheduled for the first Monday of each month at City Hall (22710 E. Country Vista Drive, Liberty Lake, Washington). Meetings begin at 4:00 p.m. and generally last one hour. Click here to view agenda packets and meeting minutes.
ORDINANCE 245A ESTABLISHING THE CITY'S PARKS AND ARTS COMMISSION
To view Ordinance 245A click here.
Members of the commission are appointed by the mayor and approved by the City Council. They are selected from as evenly dispersed geographic areas in the city as possible. Members should have interests in parks and recreation, as well as the visual, literary and performing arts. Members do not receive compensation for their services. Positions 1, 3, 5 and 7 shall serve two-year terms, and positions 2, 4, and 6 shall serve three-year terms. (Refer to Ordinance 245A for more details.) Positions will be held for a student member who has been a current resident of the City of Liberty Lake for a term of one year. Current commissioners are:
|POSITION||NAME||TERM EXPIRATION||PARK REPRESENTING|
|Position 1||Bob Schneidmiller||12/31/2024||Orchard Park|
|Position 2||John Bahr||12/31/2023||Orchard Park|
|Position 3||David Himebaugh||12/31/2024||Pavillion Park|
|Position 4||Nancy Hill||12/31/2023||Pavillion Park|
|Position 5||Laura Frank||12/31/2024||Rocky Hill Park|
|Position 6||Tom Chamberlain||12/31/2023||Rocky Hill Park|
|Position 7||Noelle Otersen Loparco||12/31/2024||At Large|
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact Jennifer Camp, staff liaison to the Commission, by emailing Jennifer Camp or 509-755-6714.
If you are interested in applying for a vacancy on the Parks and Arts Commission, you can click here to access the City Advisory Board and Commission Application form.