What's Happening In The City Of Liberty Lake?
-The interview process for the new Chief of Police was completed last week. The mayor will be going through those results this week in order to make a decision to bring to the next council meeting.
- The Liberty Lake Police Department would like to remind everyone to drive slowly through the communities and watch for children/pedestrians over this Halloween weekend. Pedestrians please try to remain on the sidewalks and look both ways before walking across the roadways and cross at marked intersections. Have each member of your group carry a flashlight or glow stick in order to be seen at night. Parents remain with your younger children and ensure your older kids have a cell phone along with a planned route before going out. Report any suspicious activity in your area to 911 and stay safe.
-The City is working on clean up of debris from branches and trees. Trees tagged with ribbon will be pruned by Certified Arborists.
-The Liberty Lake Library is offering contact-free holds pickup Monday-Friday from 10am-4pm and Saturday from 10am-3pm. For more details about the service, contact the library at 509-232-2510.
-Voting Info –
- The State Voter’s Guide is available at the library. They can be picked up during holds pickup hours.
- Ballot Drop Box located at Liberty Lake Library, 23123 E. Mission Ave., Liberty Lake, WA.
- Ballots are collected daily Monday – Friday. Ballots are collected on the weekend, but frequency varies.
- You can track your ballot online at voter.votewa.gov/WhereToVote.aspx
- The nearest Voter Service Center is at CenterPlace Event Center in Spokane Valley.
Questions about voting, ballots, or the election? Contact Spokane County Elections at 509-477-2320.
-The Fall Leaf Pickup is looking a bit different this year. There will be no leaf pickup, instead, residents can bring their bagged leaves to the Sewer District site from November 2 through November 20. For more information: https://libertylake.org/leaf-and-beach-pickup-2020/
-Winter Glow planning for Orchard Park is underway! Volunteers are needed. Click here for more information.
-A reminder from LLPD:
The Liberty Lake Police would like to remind everyone that the winter months are approaching fast. When the snow starts to fly, the City crews will be working to keep the streets clear. Please try to keep that in mind when parking on the streets around the areas where center islands are located. When the plows are not able to get through, the streets will not be kept clear. There are specific no parking signs located along Indiana Avenue between Harvest Parkway and Bitteroot Lane. The Liberty Lake Police will be enforcing those parking restrictions and if a vehicle is blocking the roadway, they could be towed at the owners expense.
Stay safe and remember to report any suspicious vehicles or activities.
-The Planning Commission has openings for Commissioners. Click here for details.