Park Programs & Activities
Parks & Facilities
To reserve a park or facility, please contact Tait Garcia at (509) 755-6700 or email email@example.com. Please Note: All reservations must be requested no less than 2 weeks prior to the requested date, and request does not guarantee a reservation. The City does not guarantee space or time outside of formal reservations, and park use is first come, first served outside of formal reservations.
Keys for accessing nets for tennis and pickleball at our parks' courts may be obtained from City Hall at 22710 E. Country Vista Drive during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays-Friday.
For more information on any of these programs at our parks, please call 509-755-6700 during normal business hours.
Movies In The Park
The movies at Pavillion Park are sponsored each summer by the city of Liberty Lake, Kiwanis Club of Liberty Lake, and Spokane Teachers Credit Union, with concessions available by the Kiwanis. Movies start at dusk.
Here is list of movies occurring at Liberty Lake parks during the summer of 2023:
• Monday, July 3: "Puss In Boots: The Last Wish" (at Pavillion Park)
• Saturday, July 8: "Minions: The Rise of Gru" (at Pavillion Park)
• Saturday, July 22: "Space Jam: A New Legacy" (at Orchard Park)
• Saturday, July 29: "Soul" (at Pavillion Park)
• Friday, Aug. 11: "Top Gun" (at Pavillion Park)
• Saturday, Aug. 12: "Top Gun: Maverick" (at Pavillion Park)
• Friday, Aug 25: RESCHEDULED: "Space Jam: A New Legacy" (at River Rock Park). Replaces "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever", which was played on the July 22 date.
• Saturday, Aug. 26: "The Super Mario Bros. Movie" (at Pavillion Park)
Barefoot In The Park
Saturday, Aug. 5, 2023 at Pavillion Park: Come each year to enjoy Liberty Lake's day-long festival of games, food, music, and fun at Pavillion Park! The day also includes the popular Barefoot In The Park Car Show and (moved to August for 2023) Touch-A-Truck. Barefoot in the Park is co-sponsored by the city of Liberty Lake, Kiwanis Club of Liberty Lake, Pawpular Companions, HUB Sports Center, and Skyhawks Sports.
• Printable map and schedule for 2023
• Here was the shedule for the 2023 Barefoot in the Park:
- 9:00: Vendor booths open (until 4 p.m.)
- 9:00: Family fun activities (until 5 p.m.)
- 10:00: Food trucks open (coffee earlier)
- 10:00: HUB cornhole and pickleball open (until 2 p.m.)
- 11:00: Demonstrations at main stage. Schedule: Dog agility (11:00), Sit Means Sit Dog Training (11:45), Northwest Taekwondo Academy (12:30), Spokane Police Dogs (1:15)
- 11:00: Water dump tank, benefitting Ridgeline band (until 4 p.m.). Schedule: Mayor Cris Kaminskas (11:00), Ridgeline band director Eric Parker (11:30), LLPD chief Damon Simmons (12 noon), Ridgeline freshman football coach Michael Hamblet (12:30), CVSD superintendent John Parker (1:00), City Council member Jed Spencer (1:30), Ridgeline assistant principal Grady Emerson (2:00), LLPD deputy chief Darin Morgan (2:30), Greenacres Middle School principal Quinn LeSage (3:00), Ridgeline percussion coordinator Nate Hunt (3:30).
- 11:00: Skyhawks "Day of Play" activities (until 4 p.m.)
- 11:00: Car Show (until 4 p.m.; awards presented at 3 p.m.). $10 entry fee; contact Dennis at 509-954-4618 for details.
- 1:00: Decorated golf cart parade around north perimeter of park. Participants may register at noon at court between the main stage and parking lot.
- 3:00: Beer garden (until 7:30 p.m.)
- 4:00: Live music at main stage from Kosta La Vista (until 5:30 p.m.)
- 6:00: Live music at main stage from Nu Jack City (until 7:30 p.m.)
Liberty Lake Throw Down: Community Cornhole Tournament
Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023, from 1 to 7 p.m. at Orchard Park: This annual summertime community tournament raises funds for the HUB Sports Center. See details and registration information here at HUB's Throw Down web page.
Shakespeare In The Park
"The Three Musketeers" on Sunday, Aug. 20, 2023, starting at 5 p.m. The live performances from the Montana Shakespeare in the Parks program comes to the Pavillion Park stage each summer. Click here for full details about the 2023 performance.
Spokane Symphony Concert
Free Tennis Clinics
Kids clinics, adult clinics, and Ladies Day options are available during the summer (mid-May through July) at Rocky Hill Park. Participants need to wear court shoes and bring a racquet. There is no signup, and all are invited to attend.
• Kids sessions: Saturdays during May 20-July 29. Kids 7 and under from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Kids 8-14 years old from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.
• Adult tennis clinics: Mondays & Thursdays, May 22-July 27 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
• Ladies Day: Tuesdays during May 23-July 25 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
– For more information, contact Larry West: (509) 724-1192 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Facebook page
Click on the linked names for the programs below, which will take you directly to the website of the program and let you register and make payments. All offerings are subject to change due to participation numbers or availability of facility.
Challenger Sports — Soccer skill building sessions at Rocky Hill Park are offered by coaches during the summer for ages 3-14. See details and registration information about the 2023 camps for June 19-23 and July 31-Aug. 4, plus you can access material about both camps here. For more information, visit the Challenger Sports website.
Skyhawks Summer Day Camps — Skyhawks Day Camp offers a fun, safe, and positive environment for your child during the summer months. While being introduced to a new sport each week, campers will also do arts and crafts, swimming, field trips, and many more fun activities.
Skyhawks Sports Academy — Skyhawks offers 12 different sports camps and clinics during the summer that provide countless ways for children to grow. These sports camps and programs include traditional week long summer day camps and year-round after-school programs that range from 45 minutes to 6 hours in duration, per day. Find more information here about the Skyhawks Sports Academy.
Super Tots Sports Academy — Super Tots is available for children ages 18 months to 5 1/2 years old, and includes a variety of programs, camps, birthday parties. See more information here on the classes offered in Liberty Lake.
Planned session for Aug. 21-25 at Rocky Hill Park is CANCELLED.
Winter Glow Spectacular
A vast and impressive collection of Christmas light displays populate all areas of Liberty Lake's Orchard Park (at 20298 E. Indiana Ave.) each winter from mid-November through January 1. The illuminated walk-through experience is a must-see for people of all ages -- entirely put together by a great team of community-minded volunteers.