Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
I. Library exhibit spaces are free to the public but are scheduled by applications.
Preference for space will continue to be given to library-related activities and special events.
Selection of an exhibitor does not constitute an endorsement of the exhibitor’s theme, mission, or beliefs or of any particular artist or craftsperson.
II. Exhibit Sources:
1. Library staff or the Arts Exhibition Manager may contact individuals and organizations which may provide exhibits that support library programs or would be of interest to library users.
2. Individuals may submit applications for exhibit space, along with resumes and exhibit work samples. Applications will be reviewed by the Library Exhibit Committee and if approved, the applicant will be notified and space assigned.
III. Guidelines for Exhibitors
1. Prospective exhibitors shall submit an application accompanied by:
a. Resume: The exhibitor’s resume may include biographical information about the exhibitor, pertinent educational and professional training, and listings of previous exhibits, if any.
b. Samples: Photographs of sample work to be included in the exhibit. These will be returned to the exhibitor at the end of the exhibit period.
2. The library reserves the right to delete from consideration or remove from exhibit any works or items which it considers inappropriate for a library setting. This includes, but is not limited to, materials which may advocate discrimination on the basis of sex, age, religion, race, or sexual orientation, and works advocating a political campaign or containing pornography.
3. Artwork prices cannot be included on any exhibited materials. The library cannot be used as agent
for selling or promoting a particular product or company for commercial purposes, nor can any
display be used to promote sectarian or partisan political viewpoints. A price list may be made
available at the artist’s reception.
4. The Liberty Lake Municipal Library cannot guarantee the safety of exhibits. Exhibitors who are
chosen will be required to sign a “Hold Harmless Agreement” included in the application for
absolving the Library and the arts exhibit manager of all responsibility for theft or damage.
The library assumes no insurance liability for materials on display. Insurance coverage is the
responsibility of the exhibitor.
5. Publicity for selected exhibits, including press releases and promotional materials is the
responsibility of the exhibitor.
6. An exhibit may be on display for a maximum of two months and a minimum of one month.
Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the art exhibit manager or library director.
7. Exhibits may not contain hazardous material or items which might decay, have odors, or leave stains.
In the event that toxic substances are used, the library reserves the right to request that the exhibit
The exhibitor will be responsible for any damage to the library facility created by his display
including those incurred in the hanging or dismantling of it. Damages will be assessed by staff of the
City of Liberty Lake and the exhibitor will be billed an amount accordingly. Failure to comply with
the assessed costs will result in denial of the use of future exhibit space.
8. The art exhibit manager will assist an exhibitor by scheduling the installation, and aid in hanging or
arranging the pieces and effecting their removal. When the exhibit is over and the display materials
are not claimed, library staff will try to contact the exhibitor and, if unsuccessful, these items will be
disposed of at the discretion of the library. The exhibitor may be billed for storage costs.
9. Exhibitors who wish to hold a reception in the library’s meeting room must fill out the application and abide by its rules. Funds for receptions are not provided by Liberty Lake Municipal Library. Set up and clean up of the meeting room is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
Please describe physical characteristics and/or special equipment needs.
I have read the policy governing temporary exhibits and agree to abide by the conditions set forth. I understand that the library and the art exhibit manager will not assume any responsibility for materials or items lent to it for exhibit purposes. I agree to release the Liberty Lake Municipal Library, the City of Liberty Lake, and the art exhibit manager from any responsibility or liability in regard to damage, theft, loss, or in any other regard to materials or items listed in this application. I agree that if I wish to protect such items from loss, damage, theft, etc. that I will privately place my own personal insurance on the items listed.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field