Parks and Arts Commission
The Parks, Art and Recreation Commission is an eight member citizen volunteer commission that serves in an advisory capacity to the City of Liberty Lake City Council. The primary functions of the Commission are to:
- Review and make recommendations concerning recreation program offerings of the City.
- Oversee the City’s art decisions and any future comprehensive arts program.
- Provide recommendations regarding the acquisition and development of park areas.
- Serve as the City Forestry Board and oversee the Urban Forestry Program.
- Review and make recommendations regarding the implementation of the City Parks, Recreation and Open Space Plan.
- Review art, recreation and park related proposals.
- Act as an advisory board for the Tree City, USA and Bicycle Communities Programs.
- Complete regular reviews of fees and charges for services.
- To explore ways and methods of obtaining private, local, state and federal funds for special projects in the City's parks, trails and open space.
- To advocate for healthy and active life styles and promote the quality of life that is provided through the City's parks, trails and open space.
Parks, Arts and Recreation Commission regular meetings are scheduled for the first and third Wednesday of each month at City Hall (22710 E Country Vista Dr.). Meetings begin at 4:00 p.m. and generally last one hour. View Agenda packets and meeting minutes.
Members of the commission are appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. They are selected from as evenly dispersed geographic areas in the City as possible and have interests in parks, recreation, visual, literary and performing arts. They do not receive compensation for their services. Positions 1, 3, 5 and 7 shall serve two year terms and Positions 2, 4, and 6 shall serve three year terms (refer to ordinance for more detail). Positions will be held for a student member who is/are residents of the City of Liberty Lake for a term of one year. Current Commissioners are:
|POSITION||NAME||TERM EXPIRATION||PARK REPRESENTING|
|Position 1||Bridgette Harris||12/31/2019||Orchard Park|
|Position 2||Tom Sahlberg||12/31/2020||Orchard Park|
|Position 3||David Himebaugh||12/31/2019||Pavillion Park|
|Position 4||Tom Stanley||12/31/2020||Pavililon Park|
|Position 5||Laura Frank||12/31/2019||Rocky Hill Park|
|Position 6||Tom Chamberlain||12/31/2020||Rocky Hill Park|
|Position 7||Laina Schutz||12/31/2019||At Large|
|Adjunct #1||Bob Schneidmiller||12/31/2019||Community Wide|
|Adjunct #2||Anita Eylar||12/31/2019||Community Wide|
|Student||Caleb Betts||12/31/2019||Community Wide|
|Student||Katelyn Hansen||12/31/2019||Community Wide|
|Student||Natalie Alva||12/31/2019||Community Wide|