E-books & Audiobooks
City of Liberty Lake residents have access to thousands of downloadable eBooks, audio books, songs, and magazines through the different services here. Each requires some setup and an activated resident library card (CIN, numbers starting with 10). Open the door to our virtual library anytime, anywhere!
Download eBooks & audiobooks from either of 2 OverDrive collections:
CIN Digital Downloads.
CIN Digital Downloads.
- Multiple formats compatible with most devices: Kindle, Nook, Windows, Mac/iOS, Android, and more.
- Apps available from Google Play, iTunes, and Amazon. Download and install OverDrive Media Console and Adobe Digital Editions to use on PC/Mac.
- Read or listen across your devices and never lose your place, bookmarks, or notes.
- Borrow up to 5 titles at a time for 7-21 days.
- Titles automatically expire and are removed at the end of the loan period but you can renew them if no other library members are waiting for them, or return them early to borrow more.
- Visit OverDrive help or contact the library to get started today.
- Washington Anytime Library for Kids
How to Download Books to a Kindle Paperwhite:
1. In order to download books you'll go to the following sites: https://anytime.overdrive.com/ and https://cin.overdrive.com/
2. Once there, you'll enter your library card number and password. From there you can search for and download the books you want.
3. Go to the Loans tab from the same site you just downloaded the book and select Download to Kindle.
4. You'll then be taken to Amazon and to the right of your book you'll see 'Get Library Book'
Select that and then log in to your amazon account.
5. To then send the book to your Kindle, select your device (Kindle 1 or Joe's 4th Kindle etc) and you should be able to see your borrowed book on your Paperwhite.
Gale Virtual Reference Library contains over 100 multi-volume reference books on a range of topics suited for everyone, from the student to the serious researcher.
- Topics covered include business, education, history, law, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, religion, travel, gardening, and science.
- Search across the complete collection, within a topic, or in a specific title to find the most reliable, relevant information easily.
- Features include 24/7/365 access from your home computer or mobile device, download and transfer entries to an eReader, MP3 audio text-to-speech for the hearing impaired, save, share, email, or print articles, create a list of articles for a bibliography.
Download and keep songs and music videos from a collection of over 7 million tracks with Freegal Music.
- Limit 5 downloads per week. Videos count as 2 downloads.
- Songs are Digital Rights Management (DRM) free, so you get to keep everything you download for good--no returns, no limits.
- Songs in MP3 format, videos in MP4.
- Apps available in the iTunes and Google Play stores, or download directly to a computer and manage with the rest of your digital music.
- Visit Freegal Help and FAQs or contact the library to get started today.